Diary of a Bride-to-be (Part 2)

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Last night while texting a friend, I was sussing out her plans for next weekend, thinking perhaps she was keen for a catch up. When she kindly reminded me it was my hens weekend!... What!! Next weekend!? Already!? This is all really happening isn’t it!


On the planning front, last week I experienced my first official ‘wedding hiccup’. After spending 5+ hours on our wedding program, plus a few on our vows, I saved it all on my trusty little ‘wedding memory stick’.

Less than an hour later Ray came along, plugged in his own memory stick, formatted it… oh no wait, uh oh, wrong one, he formatted the ‘wedding memory stick’.. YEP. Deleted. All of it. Gone. My brain must have released a relaxant because I calmly looked across and said “Ahh, don’t worry about it, worse things have happened”.

Still to this day (almost a week later) I am still un-phased, thankfully. 


In reflection, I learnt an important lesson early in my career with advertising.

It doesn’t matter how much chaos happens behind the scenes, as long as when it comes to Showtime, we are ready to go.

This line always comes back to me, especially in my work life and (now) in planning my wedding.

It is important to be prepared, planned and organised, as mishaps will occur. Trivial matters shouldn’t freak us out. – Turns out, we managed to recover some files, but they are corrupt, so I need to bribe the IT department at work and get a little help.

On a super positive note, we did manage to complete our bonbonnieres. I can say I am super dooper proud of our efforts and can’t wait to share them with you.

As mentioned in Mondayitis Medication earlier this week, we travelled to a burnt out house/farm and had some photos done for the wedding programs, also met with the florist and worked out flowers (apparently none of the flowers. Really none. I wanted are in season), did a photo shoot tour to work out our location shots, made signposts for the garden, went back to the ceremony location and finalised décor, also picked up some more décor from local op shops and Ray had a dress rehearsal (made me a little weak at the knees!) – Oh, did I mention this was all in 1 day? Phew! 




What's planned for this week? Well, not as much as last weekend. Just finalising the wedding cake, perhaps trying round II of the wedding programs, but mostly catching up with friends and family. Since Ray's grandparents can't make the wedding (ill health) we are making the trip to stunning Myrtelford. I think it is really important to slow down and spend time with your loved ones in the lead up to your day, so they can share in your anticipation– perhaps even point out some things you might have overlooked?

I would like to share with you a collection of inspiring weddings, from which I found myself smiling the whole way through the scroll. Click on the image to be directed to the full image gallery of the wedding.


This wedding was so unique, creative  and intimate.


 Rustic bouquet

Great idea for gifts


 HOLY WOW at this one.


 Beautiful garden setting


This was my favourite!


On another note, I am overwhelmed and ecstatic about the great feedback and comments received from the first instalment; it tells me we might be making this a possible permanent feature – perhaps with some guest brides?? Would love to get your feedback on this, is it something you would like to see on MB Captured? (Leave your comments below or drop me a line on Facebook, Twitter or email)

Also if you have a wedding approaching what is on your current planning horizon?

Xx

Images: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9

4 comments:

  1. Firstly, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your impending big day! When is it?! So much excitement & joy :)
    Secondly, well done on keeping calm in the eye of the storm. At times like those it can be hard to not throw yourself to the ground and cry, but sometimes they can be blessings. An opportunity to fine tune what you want for your big day. I'm sure it will be pitch perfect :)
    Enjoy your Hen Party - any night with the girls is amazing but this is extra special x
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn,

      The big day is March 17, so really not too far away now. I am now not sure if I am looking forward to the holiday more or the actual wedding! Everything is slowly becoming hurricane like...

      Delete
  2. Planning a wedding is such a huge commitment...but it will be amazing! And these photos are so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa, those weddings are SUPER dreamy. Thanks for stopping by the blog :)

      Delete

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger