Mondayitis Medication - Reflecting on a not-so-good week

Monday, 5 August 2013


Monday, the day all great things begin. Motivation for productivity and good health is highest on this day.

When a wheel fell off the cart last week, it didn't take long to get a little outta control. By Sunday morning I found myself sorting through a hacked email account while nursing a cold. I decided to 'switch off' and head out for breakfast with my boys, except my eggs were cold and the coffee didn't taste right.  Deciding to try and finish off some work that afternoon, I had a creative block - unproductively I sat at the computer for 2 hours.

I found myself looking at photos of our recently deceased dog, Wilson, getting teary eyed. Our other dog, Daisy, got sick. I was barely sleeping the whole week and I had massive guilts about allowing myself to get sick from not looking after my wellbeing.

I think we all have those days / weeks every now and then. But that doesn't make it any easier when it happens.

Today, keeping yesterday behind me. I feel back to 'normal'. I haven't let a few bad experiences impact my tomorrows.

Working for yourself you define your own working balance, it means after some great progress on a project you can stop, turn the music up dance around or head out and catch up with a friend and then get back to it later that day, maybe.

Importantly, each day I..
  • spend uninterrupted time with Jack
  • find time for myself with no distractions 
  • give gratitude for things that make me happy and my accomplishments for the day
  • sing, many times
  • get dressed (lifts my mood instantly)
  • stop to eat - lunch in front of the computer is not cool
  • make a to-do list and cross things off like its going out of fashion (and if I do something not on the list, write it on so I can cross it off!) 

Motherhood Musing

I feel like Jack has really started to grow into a little character. His face is changing and he is reaching some exciting development stages - It is as if he is seeing the world for the first time every day, he is absorbing his surroundings. The other morning we watched Jack as he stared at his own hands in awe. These are such simple yet special moments as a parent.


Making me smile this week

Amazing connections with other bloggers come friends / kicking goals financially (aka sticking to our budget) / getting back to the gym this week / avocados on special / amazing head scratches.

Let's get the conversation started, what makes you smile this week?



1 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a tough week, lovely. Love your positive spirit though - keep smiling xox

    ReplyDelete

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger