Keep pushing that comfort zone boundary

Wednesday, 29 May 2013

How easy is it to just keep going through the motions of everyday, sure nothing bad happens but are you really living?


Some of the best experiences are just waiting for you on the other side of your comfort zone! Once you start pushing that boundary, things really start to happen.

For me, I have continually engaged in study since finishing high school in 2003. Quite a large field of study too, from tourism, real estate, animal care, business (numerous) and graphic design. Each course building up a platform to where I am now. But that's what your 20's are all about, right? Self discovery.

Yes, design and photography feels right, like it is my destiny. At the same time I am SO glad I have the business experience and confidence behind me to push it all forward.

The future is unknown, I like that. It keeps me on my toes. I'm a little scared too, have I got what it takes? What if I fail? But I think those are healthy thoughts to have.

To succeed, I really have to step it up. Reach out, connect, BELIEVE in myself and what I have to offer the world.


I was starting to feel the comfort zone cheerleader creep back, it's ok you will always have your other job if 'things don't work out'. Hardly giving myself a head start on confidence, it is making excuses before I get to the start line.

I find the best way to keep pushing that line is to talk to people, engage with like minded souls and keep your eyes open for opportunities. B-School this year with Marie Forleo looked AMAZING, something I would love to consider for 2014.

So how do you step outside your comfort zone??
  • Say yes to golden opportunities and no to things that drag you down or are not aligned with where you are heading.
  • Sell yourself! What are your qualities or skills? offer free help and gain experience as a result.
  • Believe in your skills, back yourself.
  • Start before you're ready.
  • Talk to people about your passion, put the word out there.
By taking these steps I have seen great results, honestly. The key step is to start before you're ready, I never imagined putting my services up on this blog. I was waiting to be ready and launch my business officially with a shiny new website, logo and stationery, sure that is coming but in the meantime I am able to get business in the door and do what I love.

1 comments:

  1. Beautiful words of encouragement, Mon! This has been weighing heavily on my mind recently, actually, so your post couldn't have come at a better time.

    I've found that coming home after my world travels has caused me to examine my life very closely, and I've discovered just how much I've come to dislike my comfort zone (which was once my very cosy home and oasis), and I'm struggling to assimilate back into this 'normal' life I find myself stuck in (well, until I graduate in a few months, anyway). The best thing I ever did in my life was leaving my CZ - which included a husband, house, best friends, a cushy career, financial security, and a severe case of depression and anxiety - and exploring the world outside it. Now, I never want to go back...even though people around me are pressuring me to. But I won't buckle!

    Thank you for your gorgeous words and for sharing your magic - it's so lovely to hear your *voice* in the blogosphere again! And well done on the website revamp - it looks amazing!

    Big love to you, sunshine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger