Do you Meditate? 5 reasons why you should.

Tuesday, 26 February 2013

I am not afraid to admit in most of my meditations my eyes fill with tears, it didn't happen the first time or the second, but after some practise (and it does take practise) my body and mind are so still and crystal clear, even for a moment, when I completely surrender and re-connect it can be really moving.

If you don't currently practise meditation, I really urge you to try. There are SO many benefits to be had.

1. Less stress.

2. Increases focus.

3. Body awareness. By scanning your body, focus on relaxing every part, individually. You might notice tension in areas you didn't expect.

4. Stronger immunity. An extensive scientific study found long-term practitioners of relaxation methods such as yoga and meditation, far more ''disease-fighting genes'' were active, compared to those who practised no form of relaxation. In particular, protection from disorders such as pain, infertility, high blood pressure and even rheumatoid arthritis.

5. Gratitude. When I am finished meditating I feel happier, centered and content.

Sure, there are many more benefits, but this is what I feel from meditation. Do you currently practise regular meditation? What does it help you with? Have you felt a change in yourself ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger