Love the country

Saturday, 26 January 2013

Today a sense of pride, for the country I call home, rushes through me.



As a kid I travelled the vast landscapes by Kombi, from deep red earth dust to pristine squeaky sand beaches, some places you would swear untouched by any other human.

Today is Australia Day, I take it as a day of appreciation, for mother nature and our culture. I, like most, come from a different ethnic background. I am a first generation Australian for my Austrian family.

I remember departing Australia in 2008 to live in England for a year, the things I missed most were the sounds of a Magpie in the early morning or the laughing kookaburra when you head to the river, the waves crashing over my toes and the way a pair of thongs are staple footwear items (instant Australian identifier when travelling the world).

I am not declaring Australia as the best country in the world, just my favourite. It is home to me and always will be, no matter where I go.

So right now, chuck your thongs on, grab a stubby, turn Triple J up and eat some snags.... you bloody little ripper! 


1 comments:

  1. I have been living in Australia for a little over a year now and have definitely grown to appreciate the awesome uniqueness of this country! Just love it! (...still getting used to the song of those magpies, though :P) Hope you got to see some rad fireworks last night. xo

    ReplyDelete

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger