On the weekend I met with a SUPER lovely lady from Living Lightly, Izennah. Amongst many gorgeous things, we talked about getting through the 'crap year' - the one where nothing goes right, you learn your ABSOLUTE limits (aka 1/4 life crisis) and discover what is truly important. Now, out of the woods, using new found strengths and thirst for freedom bigger than ever.
Suddenly I want to learn new skills, go on meaningful holidays (Yoga retreat in Nepal anyone?), make my home my sanctuary, make a positive difference to the world. My life is still young, full of energy, optimism and opportunities are endless.
Sound familiar?
It is an amazing phase of life if we nurture it and give it the attention and focus it needs. The canvas has an outline of a picture but now needs a good dose of colour!
I am feeling extremely lucky to be able to share my story with you and now connect with others who are doing the same. The best advice I have is to get out there, declare your dreams, even if they change every week. Meet new people, hear their stories. Practise meditation and eat well. Take a holiday, it always seems after a good break you have a new clear focus of what 'needs to be done' or redefined priorities (and no I'm not talking about happy hour priorities!). Do some charity work. Learn a new skill, take a night class.
Recently while out for lunch, I heard the following...
"Your twenties are all about self discovery and finding your place in the world. Your thirties are the best years because you have moulded your life, got your kids and it's beautifully content and humbling..."
my mum.
Wow, here I was mis-guided that life ends at the big 3-0, phew! (just kidding!!) But really, it put it in perspective, the life coaching, branching out to old friends, making new ones, this blog, new career studies, it is all moving forward to create one big beautiful future. It just covers me with goosebumps to think about it, literally!
The paint is far from dry on this canvas!
I would really love to chat over coffee, email or simply leave a comment below. I want to hear about your journey! Happiness and discovery is best when it is shared!
Xx




You're gorgeous Mon, it's so lovely to hear you so inspired x
ReplyDeleteRight back at you Tara! Xx
DeleteThe art of happiness is a great book. I recommend downloading dharma talks from a site called 'Dharma Seed', they are free & Sally Armstrong is my favourite. I agree that your 20's are about self-discovery. Seriously, I thought that was my teens but I guess you never stop learning.
ReplyDeleteSo true! I am sure I will look back every decade and see enormous growth, which would be pretty humbling, I never want to stop learning.
DeleteThank you SO much for the links, I will definitely check them out. Xx
Hi Monica, your post made me feel really happy - so glad you are reaching such a fulfilling space and time in your life. Enjoy it! I feel the same way about my 30s (which are getting close!); I'm hopeful that my 30s will be a really grounding and nourishing time in my life. And I'd second the proposal about a Yoga trip to Nepal :p
ReplyDeleteKylie, thanks for your gorgeous words. Looking through your delicious blog, it already seems you are on a beautiful pathway to a humble life.
DeleteI LOVE that you second my trip to Nepal, perhaps a big group of fabulous ladies should get together and do it!
I love that quote from your mum (as I am approaching my thirties). It's such a great feeling to be inspired and motivated - keep up with the good vibes :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Lois! It sure is great and I am glad the feeling is mutual! Xx
DeleteThis is a beautiful post Mon. The self discovery of your twenties used to scare me - I used to feel that I should have everything figured out. I should have met the man I wanted to marry, I should be ready to start a family, and I should have a rocking career to boot. After coming close to the marrying part, I soon discovered that I wasn't quite ready for that chapter just yet. Taking pressure off myself has allowed me to really settle in the sacredness of my twenties and fully enjoy them. As I move into my late twenties I agree that I'm finding myself filling up on things that support my spirituality and creativity. My sense of adventure gets stronger but at the same time I want to create a heavenly space for myself too. Your twenties are special. It's not a race to figure it out, but simply to bask in the opportunites and possibilities that present themselves.
ReplyDeletep.s I agree with Tara, it's wonderful to hear you so inspired. Keep up the amazing work x
Thanks Jenn, You are so inspiring to have been at a point where most girls would have 'gone with the flow' felt pressured to go through with the wedding, but you stood true to your feelings and followed your heart. That is AWESOME, I am positive you will have an incredibly fulfilling life because you do just that! Xx
Delete