The Healthy Lifestyle - Two Weeks On.

Saturday, 19 May 2012

They say it takes 2 weeks to make a new habit, which is now upon us since my husband and I embarked on a new food journey, one that will increase our energy levels, build our immune system and make our skin a lot healthier. This program has no end, it is a way of life. It is not a new radical pill or meal supplement, a strict diet with boring food - it is simply back to basics.

Each day we start with a fruit and vegetable green smoothie, they vary each day and we have discovered a few we really like and a few we took a bit longer to drink.

Our favourite smoothie is one with a mix of pineapple, kiwi fruit, apple, spinach and banana with a sprinkle of black chia seeds.


Lunch, dinner and snacks are all fresh food (and delicious!). I am definitely not a food photographer, but these pics can atleast provide an idea of what we are doing.

This mix of veggies was one tasty meal, it was mixed with a light coconut sauce and a few rice noodles. Delish!


Fruit salad topped with natural yogurt and bran.


So the big question, do I feel any different since cutting out processed food and cutting back on coffee (only allowed 1 a day with a max of 5 a week)? I do and here are some things I have noticed.
  • Better nights sleep - When my head hits the pillow, I am out - gone are the nights where I would lay awake for hours still processing sugar and caffeine from the day.
  • Even more regular in the bathroom than before - (I know, not something nice to discuss, but important) I have always been regular, but now it can be 2 times a day.
  • No more bloating or feeling sluggish after meals.
  • When I did consume sugar (in the form of a tim tam) I got an instant headache.
  • I feel satisfied throughout the day and don't go sugar hunting at 3:30.
  • I don't feel like I NEED a coffee to start the day as I have so much energy when I wake now.
  • I haven't had any breakouts on my skin, but I think this will take a little longer to clear up completely.
Time to discuss! What is for diet made up of? What are your favourite health foods that give you an amazing burst of energy? 


1 comments:

  1. Nutrition is really important!!! It the main factor of true progress. 70% of your progress depends on nutrition. Eating five meals,as eggs, blueberries, fish, green tea and grains which have the right macro nutrients are a key success for your body. I have a site about, which is about chest exercises, nutrition and more. You are welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger