This week off has been the final touches and extremely exciting appointments where things start to come together. The first meeting was with the Dressmaker at Brides and Maids, Shepparton. The alterations have been made, the veil is cut to size and ready to be clipped in. I didn't want to take my dress off!
The second was with the super flexible and easy going venue owner. We discussed decorations, meals (as our guests have pre-ordered), drinks (including cocktail testing), and table arrangements. We sat at the bar, with a chilled beer just gazing around the room - we couldn't believe this weekend it will be transformed into our party venue, filled with everyone we love celebrating with us.
The third appointment was also another incredible local business owner at Simply Stems, to go through the final minor details of flowers, the venue mud map and to take in my boxes of glassware, collected from Opshops over the last 5 months. My florist so effortlessly throws arrangements together that make my eyes widen and my decor heart smile. She offers flowers from her garden and I am also able to provide her with some from mine for the day - I love that it is so organic and personalised. I cannot wait to see the complete end result!!
On monday I couldn't sleep, I felt a load of tasks sitting on my shoulders, pushing me into a submissive "OMG why did I want to do so much myself!" state, but now I am actually at the end of the event decorating end of the deal now, about to commence waxing, massages, manicure, pedicure etc.
I don't think it felt real until yesterday afternoon when I stopped into Brides and Maids to pick up my dress, there she was hanging high in the back of the store! I walked outside, head held high, all giddy inside - I wanted to just dance - you know the type when you think a Spider is nearby ? But in a good way!
Now I write this with a beer in my hand, awaiting the arrival of family from the USA, time to get festive and surround myself with loved ones.
As a nail biter, getting my nails done was a treat! I love them!!!
Thanks for all your support and well wishes on the blog, really makes me so happy to share all this with you.I'll be taking a break for 2 weeks while on my surprise honeymoon. Keep your eyes peeled when I return and share some photos and stories from the day.
A final toast to Miss Kofler! Xx


Monika my beautiful friend,
ReplyDeleteYou have just bought tears to my eyes with you final post. I am so truely excited for you. My hands are clamy and my heart is racing just thinking about your big day. I may be a million miles away but you are always in my thoughts.
Lots of Love
Amy
xo
Omg your ring is awesome!! I wish you the best!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!