So after a long day, one migraine, stiff neck and stack of work left behind. I feel I was blessed at my body balance class again, just as meditation began, the rain poured (quite heavily I might add) throughout the session. It was like nature put on its best orchestra just for us, as my body wound down. I felt so refreshed afterwards.
Just for background, I have a dodgy neck, thanks to a Singaporean masseuse, who promised me there would be no bone cracking....
Whenever I get a little stressed or had a few big physical labour days, it ceases up a little. I took it as a sign to slow down, to take a big energizing breath in and sigh out all the stressors. (go on, try it!)
While I didn’t think I was uptight or stressed, my body was clearly sending signs I was ignoring my wellbeing.
We shouldn’t wait for our bodies to be on its hands and knees begging us to slow down, instead get out your diary and book in things you will do for yourself, maybe its a walk over lunch in the fresh air, spend 5 minutes to exfoliate your body with a salt scrub, you will feel the contours of your body and even do a lump check, while relaxing your muscles at the same time, have a bath with no music - be alone with your thoughts, buy your favourite magazine and make a cup of tea and just sit or take a yoga class.
Please share below, what do you do to look after yourself, to get some time to gather your thoughts, clear your mind and re-energise your body?


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx