Growing up as an only child on the road and inbetween schools and towns, my best mate was my dog named Rolly. I spent most of my 'tv' time watching documentaries, plus we did a lot of travel and outback adventures. I always wanted to contribute to the wellbeing of wildlife in some way as I entered adulthood. However, since I'm squirmish with all things science, it was never going to be a very 'hands on' role.
While most of my friends have heard my story about volunteering with elephants, I can't recommend it highly enough. Working with any kind of animal who has suffered at the hands of (
I remember looking out to the elephants at the park and thinking, I could quite literally give up my current way of life and just dedicate myself to these animals.
So why am I telling you all this? I am suggesting you sign up for a day volunteering to help our/your wildlife or domestic pets in need - even go and just watch some animals for an afternoon, reconnect with nature and appreciate our beautiful world. If you can spare a few dollars a week sign up and sponsor a park, cause or animal.
If none of this is for you, then I only suggest to be travel smart when on holidays and don't subject animals to unnatural performances or rides, the training practises for these things are horrendous and would give you nightmares.
Anyway, on a positive note, here are my two fluffy kids (Wilson and Daisy)!
Here are some pics from the Elephant Park - where elephants get to be... elephants! We were lucky enough to have a story written on us in the local paper about our stay with the elephants, which can be seen here.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx