Weekend Projects...

Sunday, 9 October 2011

Today I got a little closer to realising some 'great ideas' I dreamed up over the past couple of months, as well as defining an achievable action plan for our kitchen reno. Although, as every creative or home deco project goes, once you start one, another 'great idea' pops up and you begin the second (or third!) project without first finishing the original one.

Here I am sharing some of my 'pretty much done' (as it is never fully complete, right?) projects.

Since I found my inspiration for these online, I thought I should return the favour.




Here is the new study,was originally a bit of dead space in the house. It used to occupy a custom built bar, which was never used. It is also a good quiet reading area.


Note the rhino head at the top of the wall, we picked him up from Exhibit (as previously mentioned in this blog) . The desk was custom built by my partner and the super large clock was an engagement gift from Provincial Home Living.

The gorgeous hat stand was picked up from an antique/second hand store in Phillip Island for $12!! It was the coolest store I had ever been in, Ray and I must have looked everything over for a good 1-2 hours. 



This is in the corner of our lounge, I stack a bunch of my fav books to flick through (often Miranda Kerr's 'Treasure Yourself'). The picture frame ledge is from IKEA (as previously featured in this blog) , the mirrored frame on the side table is from Empire Trading and the larger frame and bulldog cushion from Freedom Furniture
 For a long time, I didn't like the old frame we had above the fireplace, the picture here is one I took while volunteering at the Elephant Nature Park in Thailand. It was an engagement gift (probably the best gift I have ever received) and I display it proudly! :) 

This is the new decor for summer months on the deck, the curtains are from IKEA and will be able to close off when the blazing sun comes in (now that our backdoor is all glass), as well as create an 'outdoor room' when we have dinner on the deck in the summer months. The lanterns lining the deck are filled with citronella candles. - The next project is to stain and move the large rustic chair that came with the house and fill it with bright cushions, making  great spot to chill on with a book. 


What are some of the home projects you are currently working on? Have you started one, only to get distracted and begin another, before the first was finished?? 

Xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger