When life seems a little chaotic

Friday, 23 September 2011

So as you can tell from my recent blog post (or lack thereof!!), life has been a little chaotic.

The defining moment this week of losing the plot was early Monday when I misread a deadline for a report due (for my course); it was no longer 10 days away but 3.5!! Not freaking out too much, as it was only a 3,000 word piece; I set my action plan of 1,000 words a day. Did the plan work out??... Well by Wednesday I was displeased with my efforts and began to think of brilliant ideas to have an afternoon off work (probably on the day it was due) to hammer it out. Until I realised…. I misread-misread the deadline, the original date I noted in my diary was correct! The one I wrote down while in a calm state of mind not the one I frantically thought I saw and threw my life into turmoil for.

With Ray and I studying (seems to be all we do at the moment), trying to keep up with Mount 'Mon n Ray's' washing (could be possible to see from google earth!), wedding planning, gardening, renovating the kitchen, walking the dogs, try to eat healthily... to be cont. The only socialising I am capable of at the moment is Facebook. Yet the first activity to get shoved off the list was yoga! When it should be at the top, why is it when we get stressed and busy it is suddenly not a priority??

Where I should be right now


Since getting the SLR camera, I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment we have spent together. I just wish we didn’t have to be apart for so long. When you are constantly sprinting it is hard to slow the pace down enough to find inspiration and get clicking. When you head out for a photography session you need to be chilled. Once you start thinking about everything else you need to do, your photos just don’t look the same.



So what do I need to do to get back on track?!? Action plan of course! I have started writing lists for home projects that need to be done, planning out my study sessions, wedding planning sessions, blogging time and even some socialising time! The same applies for the office, with a recent change, things got a little chaotic there too, so I have applied the same method.

 It doesn’t help that I am an adrenaline junkie and love doing things last minute (even thought it really does work for me), I work far better under pressure than moseying through. If you are in the same situation, the year is ticking away and things start to pile up it certainly helps to write it all down on paper, even small tasks or ‘easy wins’, I love scrolling through the list and ticking things off as I go, such a small little ΓΌ can make me feel so accomplished (perhaps something learnt from school).

1. Mexicachica 2. Flickr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger