It is Monday morning, fog hasn't lifted and it's almost lunch time. I am still wearing my pj's and so is Jack. We aren't sick or being lazy, just making the most of being warm, cozy and free to stay indoors all day.
Working from home means I can wear my slippers to the office and start whenever I like.
But I know I mustn't become too complacent.
Being outside, socialising, fresh air, new places - it inspires new ideas.
I was thinking outside the box a lot across the weekend. Empowering thoughts and tons of gratitude flowed.
I wondered, if everyone wrote down their dream life situation, what they do for a living, family situation, health, what they do for fun and where they live. How many people would be brutally honest? To dig down, right to their core and feel what they truly desired. It is brave to go there and heroic to take action on it.
What about if they wrote their current life situation down, does it make them smile? or are they justifying each part. "Yeah but I am only doing this job until I save some money" "my health isn't at it's best, I just need to lose 5 more kilo's"
For me, the journey began a long time ago to achieve the lifestyle I had dreamed of. I knew in 2002 I wanted to be present for my children one day instead of focused on providing for them. I knew (somehow by a weird feeling) in 2003 I would marry my now husband (long before we started dating). I knew in 2008 I wanted to work from home someday. I knew I would be successful. What I didn't know was these were all manifesting into reality, by having this mindset all that time ago I naturally started to move in that direction. Of course there were many other factors and realisations along the way, but the most part I always kept a positive and strong mindset.
To say I have achieved my absolute ultimate dream life? Well, no - I kinda need a coastal home to officially announce that. I take comfort that it is in the plans and right now in this moment I feel stupidly happy and content with the life we live.
Are you with me? If the words "once i get through xyz, I will be" just make sure whatever it is you are striving to achieve is truly worth it, don't damage your quality of life now for you will never get it back.
Just for you I have created a little downloadable, go ahead fill it out! You might surprise yourself and find you are already living the life of your dreams.
Weekend wrap up
Over the weekend was my first night away from home with Jack, a 3 hour drive to the Mornington Peninsula and 2 night sleepover. Nervous to travel with our 9 week old son, without my husband, keeping him happy and settled, while still maintaining adult conversations.
So many people have said to me, I didn't go out for months / our baby didn't travel well / what if he doesn't settle in another bed overnight?
Well I can say with a confident smile, you can do it! In fact, he was more settled than he is at home. So my advice to new mums, don't be afraid to go outside and venture beyond your local. You will only know by trying.
Making me smile this week: seeing kids movies at the cinema / pj days / chocolate lava cake / nespresso / getting back into photography a little more.
Now it's your turn lovely, what makes you smile this week?
MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger

Happy Monday lovely!!
ReplyDeleteI am totally with you on getting out and about when you can with the little ones. We have done this with both from an early age, and often we'd get a comment like "wow, i can't believe you're here" or "will they really just go to sleep in the pram?"....well sometimes things didn't work out but most of time it was so refreshing to get back into the swing of things with the little ones by your side. It brings a bit of sanity back into the equation, especially for us mum's who tend to spend alot of time on our own at home! I also love a good lazy, comfy, snuggly, slow start to the day! Making me smile this week; a play date with one Oscar's 'best friends' :), Mila is almost walking and I'm off to get a massage tomorrow night and I can't wait!!
Wishing you a wonderful week
Kate xx
What a beautiful post, I live in a constant when I get this/do that etc then I will be happy. I've been practicing the art of loving the present moment and it's given me a new sense of happiness! x
ReplyDelete