Mondayitis Medication: Spring has arrived and I'm turning 26

Monday, 27 August 2012

Move over baggy winter clothes and welcome fresh, new spring. It is my favourite season. Months of early darkness, no colour, hiding indoors, no flowers in the garden to baby animals popping up everywhere, bright pink blossoms, signs of growth in the garden, blue sky and getting a little more sunlight into the evening every day.

It is energising, refreshing and a sign of new beginnings.


For me it is also the start to a new year. Yes, this week I turn 26. I feel so much older, but in a really great way. After the husband and I spent a few hours in the car on the way to Melbourne over the weekend, I turned to him and said

"I am only 25 right now, we have achieved so much already, just imagine how cool it is going to be to look back on our WHOLE lives" 

Immediately followed by a wave of butterflies through my belly.


Getting down to business
I think a couple of weeks ago I declared on the blog I was going to get back into the good eating habit and the gym. Yeah, that hasn't happened. I am 50% there with a good gym habit (loads of Yoga and Balance), but not disciplined with food. Starting today, it begins! 80% fresh and 20% processed.

I'm also going to take some time out from my day job starting this week, I'm pretty excited. I have never taken time off to just be at home, to rejuvenate and do what I love (art and photography).

Weekend Recap
We took off to our local capital, Melbourne. Had a delicious lunch on Flinders Lane and a dash of shopping. Mostly we were there to scope out unique light fittings and kitchen cupboards, which was greatly successful!

I love getting down to the city every now and then, to get a dose of culture, shopping and food - but it always does feel so nice to hit the road and head home again.

Here are a few snaps from one of the MANY amazing lane ways of Melbourne. Xx




Making me smile this week: Looking after a gorgeous 1y/o and watching Ray shine in the parental role / stopping in at Tiffany's to get my rings 'sparkled' and boy do they sparkle! / making great progress on our renovation plans and getting into action! / taking time off work this week for no reason except to be creative / feeling super lucky with dinner and lunch dates lined up all week with beautiful friends and family / spending 40 minutes on the phone today to a super gorgeous old friend - who I can't wait to see very soon! / Putting up some more of my photography in our home  (which I'll share soon).

What's making you smile this week? Is there anything super exciting to look forward to?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful birthday week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becs, I am a MASSIVE campaigner for birthday 'week' it is a long standing tradition in our household. Xx

      Delete

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger