It was a weekend of excitement for Ray too as he returned to football after a second knee reconstruction, so like a good supporter I went along and braved the cold.
Sunday was one of those great days, lazed in bed for a couple of hours just talking, barely left the house, made popcorn and watched afternoon movies snuggled on the couch. It was really superb, we did squeeze in some homework - I'm currently sketching faces which is a little in the deep end but I am surprising myself (if I may say so!)
One thing we did discuss this weekend is why we aren't reaching the financial goals we set post-wedding. In the lead up we were doing so well reaching each target (in fact I had never been so proud of us) as we funded the wedding ourselves.
It's not like we have been living a lavish life, but it is very damning on the motivation when you feel like the wheels are spinning but not getting you anywhere.
I am sure most of us have financial goals, set optimistically each year, so how are we all tracking?
End of Financial Year is PRIME TIME to check in on your accounts, re-align and keep moving.
Here are some things we have decided to do to 'cut back'
- Plan our weekends - clearly set out what we want to do and what money will be needed to enjoy ourselves (this is where we go a little 'out of the budget').
- Continue planning our meals - no mid-week food shops.
- Take our lunch to work.
- Don't buy coffee - make it at the office instead or use the Nespresso.
- Have fun at home for a few weekends - catch up on homework and those little projects we never get round to.
- Have fun 'master chef nights' at home rather than going out for a meal.
I have said before, some of our funnest times are when we haven't spent any money, we like to get creative and make things fun.
This week is about being in control, organised and sticking to the plan (online retail outlets beware, I will not be lead astray)
What is currently making my heart sing...
Rainy Melbourne, lazy Sunday, new skull necklace, funny family moment, homemade popcorn, being together, wedding cake, cozy home and new lipgloss
Images: 1







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx