At first I thought it was going to be super easy, bouncing around on energy from eating all fresh fruit and veg, but I soon realised eating fresh food is hard work and if you are heading out for a meal or away for the weekend, it is near impossible!
It resulted in my husband, Ray, has falling off the wagon, declaring last week he was no longer willing to participate in the green smoothies. Not too long after he brought home our ultimate weakness, chips and a block of chocolate, I should also add he went for the chocolate Sundae on the weekend and tried to derail me again last night with more chocolate! A test of my willpower... I could see our well rounded old habbits sneaking back in, but I am determined to stick it out!
On a positive, I have been eating fresh foods majority of the time and staying away from processed, I am not as discliplined as the beginning but I think it comes down to planning my meals.
When I am on track I feel great, never bloated, my mind is super sharp, I have energy and I sleep well at night.
I have also had alot of people come up and say they would like to try the green smoothies, assuming they would be horrid in taste I can promise you quite the opposite. Here is a nice easy one for the morning to try out this week. Important to remember, there are no rules, if it grows in the garden, chuck it in the blender, find new flavours!
Morning Smoothie
- 1 x kiwi fruit
- 1 x apple
- 1/4 pineapple
- handful of spinach
- chunk of parsley
- sprinkle of seeds (im currently using black chia seeds)
- water (enough so it blends - add more if you don't like thick smoothies)
On the meal planner this week
- Honey glazed warm pumpkin salad
- Red kidney bean chilli con carne with brown rice
- Coconut curry vegetable stirfy
- Steamed fish & veg with light garlic butter
- Sweet potato & greens lasagne (with homemade pasta sheets)
- 5 mix vegetable soup (pumpkin, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, celery)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx