Turns out we were headed to Thailand, in fact we were staying down the road from the beach he proposed at less than a year ago. The whole trip was amazing, each day more happy and full of love. We didn't venture out or try to be 'tourists', after all honeymoons are for lazing around, sipping cocktails and good food. So in a way it was so perfect we went to Thailand, since we were already familiar with the place.
I thought I would share a few pictures with you from our trip. If you haven't yet been to Thailand, I highly recommend it. These photos are a blend of Northern Phuket and Western Koh Samui, there is a reoccurring theme of cocktails, sunsets and beaches. Enjoy!
My advice to those travelling is stay out of the main towns, it is always cheap (or free hotel shuttle) to get to the town for shopping and don't exploit wildlife - tourists have turned elephants, monkeys, snakes, crocodiles etc into attractions. (click here for my post on Elephants, our stay at Elephant Nature Park)
Have you been to Thailand? If so, what was your favourite thing to do?






The cocktails look scrumptious! That was so adorable of him to keep the honeymoon destination as a surprise for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat stunning photos! I love Thailand, for me I loved everything about the people and just observing their day to day life or interactions with one another. So friendly, so happy. The scenery of course is to die for. Koh Samui is my favourite spot we have visited so far. Time just goes slowly there, perfect for a holiday.
ReplyDeleteHi Carmen, those cocktails were amazing.. and cheap! I miss them.
ReplyDeleteIndra, I agree about Koh Samui, such a stunning location and the shopping was 10x better. I bought some gorgeous little 'Thai designer' items, which worked out cheaper than the markets too!
Absolutely stunning pics! So blissful. You guys look like you had a blast! I was in Thailand a few years ago when I finished uni. My favourite part was Chang Mai where myself and my friends got to work at an elephant santuary. The temples and the overall spirituality in some of the places is divine. These pics are definitely making me want to plan a return visit! Congrats to you both again! Jenn x
ReplyDeleteOh wow Jenn, was it the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai by any chance?
ReplyDeleteThanks for your well wishes, I already want to make plans to go back!
Gorgeous pictures!! I haven't been to Thailand, but I would love to! I definitely agree about staying on the outskirts. I like getting a feel for a place rather than it's touristy stuff.
ReplyDeleteI read that book, 'The Art of Happiness'. It's a very good read, changes your perspective on things.
ReplyDelete