Let's get physical

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

While it is hard to find motivation after a big goal event (like a wedding) to continue the pace of workouts and good eating plans, it is crippled by the fact a cool change swept trough the state over the weekend, forcing me into baggy jumpers and tracksuit pants!

Since we are newlyweds, I have already had the comment "Are you pregnant yet?" three times, one was even before I got home from my honeymoon! So here presents itself a reason to not gain weight - they will assume you are pregnant! The first sign of carb food baby bloat and bam your up the duff! 

When it comes to wellbeing I find affirmations the best motivator for me, like the time I was feeling down and barely dragged myself into Body Balance class, I saw the words strong body, strong mind - those words kept me going for many more classes.

On a recent trip to Rebel Sport, I came across these singlets from Asana. Cheeky, yet motivational. A definite addition to my gym clothing collection. I also see Lorna Jane has a similar collection coming soon!

On my workout plan for this week, includes 1 x Body Balance, 2 x 3km runs, 1x weights class and a cycling session. I am doing my best not to be a slave to the gym by heading outdoors and doing the runs with my 8y/o brother ridding next to me on the tracks, cycling at home while watching the new season of The Bachelor (how controversial is it!), and taking my fluffy kids out to the oval. 

Although it is all well and good that I want to get active again, but what about my meals? I can't exactly eat a chocolate rabbit everyday (even though I could). Here is the meal plan for the week. keeping in mind the weather is now cooling off, so it calls for a few comfort (yet healthy) carbs.

Breakfast: Alternate between avocado on toast & bircher muesli

Lunch: Tuna and salad - or leftovers.

Dinner: warm couscous salad with eggplant, vegetarian lasagne, warm roast pumpkin salad, steamed fish with greens, Chicken korma, salad wraps.


How are you looking after yourself? 

 Images: 1, 2

1 comments:

  1. Those tops are so cute! I WANT! Love love love affirmations while jogging. Since the weather here is so unpredictable (we had hail this morning, sunshine at lunchtime, and the forecast for tonight is sleet) it's really hard to stay motivated especially with food. I'm a huge comfort eater, though I prefer savoury foods to sweet things. I've been using Pinterest in search of some healthy recipes, and I've stumbled across a few that I quite love. Fitness wise if I'm not jogging, then I'm in the pool. It's less stressful on the body but amazing for toning.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger