Diary of a Bride-to-be (Part 4)

Saturday, 10 March 2012

Wow, in the homestretch. I can almost smell my bouquet freshly placed in my sweaty palms, I can visualise the moments before the step down the isle, the well wishes from my maid-of-honour as she leaves me and disappears behind the willow tree, the final moments... Breath in, breath out.


This week of engagements included my Hens Weekend. Boy-oh-boy was it a weekend to remember!  Like a lady, what happens on the hens, stays on the hens! I can say though, I have a bunch of pretty incredible babes in my life!

Plus, it was my last week at my day job, totally spoilt again with a spa voucher, so many bunches of flowers I needed TWO trips to the car and a big morning tea with the gang. It made me realise that getting married isn't just about you and your partner, it is about everyone around you, they help shape you to who you are today, its brining all unspoken love into action (and parties). It is probably the best experience in my life to date, and I am not even at the isle yet!

Two nights ago I also received some excellent news, my cousin (who was like my sister growing up) got engaged in Nepal. I was so ecstatic to hear the news, just making our celebration even more special. Plus the she has great taste, also receiving a stunning Tiffany Setting Engagement Ring.

On the planning side of things, I have had the programs printed and I am pretty darn impressed with my efforts, after deciding to design them myself. The vows were sent off, the ribbon for cars bought, had a final dress fitting, met with the florist and cake decorator, counting the RSVPs and now to finish the bonbonierres.



The week ahead, though sounds hectic, is definitely going to be stacks of fun. Actually as I write this, exactly in one week I will be walking down the isle! We went out to the ceremony location this morning, to see another wedding set up, as we were approaching I felt a hurricane swarm of butterflies race from my belly to my throat in like 1.2 seconds... amazing!

We also stopped at some photo locations, here is a peek at some. (and yes, I am wearing a white dress, but I promise the one I wear next week is totally awesome!)

I have said it many times, how much I would like to bottle up these emotions of anticipation. I am glad I can share them here, with other brides. Have you blogged about your wedding plans? Or got a bride-to-be journal? What are some of the things you write about? I would love to hear them!

Images: 1

1 comments:

  1. I'm not a bride-to-be, but I love the way you've described how you want to bottle the incredible feelings you have right now - beautiful!

    Also beautiful, all your inspiration photos!

    x Catherine @ The Spring

    ReplyDelete

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger