Yesterday was a very sad day in my life, saying goodbye to one of the most inspiring females in my life. While it is true she wasn't a physical part of my life for the past few years, it didn't dim and love or admiration I felt for her and to be taken by the cruel disease of Cancer just felt so unjust.
In honour of other females I admire (ones that you can experience), I highly recommend the following books.
The first book is RISE, by Ingrid Poulson. For you Sydneysiders, you might remember her name. A few years ago her estranged husband murdered her father and 2 children. While you will bawl for the first chapter, the book doesn't dwell on the past, rather looks at difficult situations of loss or depression and how to rise above it. I was also super lucky enough to meet Ingrid at a conference last year, I have never felt more star-struck or in awe of a person, I barely got my words out!
The second book is Treasure Yourself, by Miranda Kerr. This is a book you can knock over in an afternoon, as her story is only about 100 pages long, the back of the book is filled with beautiful uplifting affirmations.
Which leads me to my third female, Louise Hay. Very well known for the book You can heal your life, she is about creating affirmations to live by, there is a plethora of her positive affirmations you can put in your diary, on your bedside table or even in the shower! I often flick through and read one out loud if I need a bit of encouragement during the week.
On another note, I want to recognise the beautiful females I work with at my office. This week I received this absolutely beautiful bunch of flowers from them, after a few invasive medical tests (which are all clear! hooray to good health) recently followed by the loss this week, they definitely cheered me up with this!



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx