Today I wrote out the itinerary for the day and checklists for before, during and after the hairdresser in the morning of the wedding. As clearly I cannot rely on my brain-after all it will resemble a stunned beached jellyfish! - isn't that why celebrants give you the benefit of 'repeat after me' in your vows?
This week I am lucky to get a mini break away at a coastal conference, followed a day shopping in Melbourne and then my hens weekend!! SO.SO.Excited. - a getaway with close friends to the stunning Mornington Peninsula in a big holiday house!
All of these fun activities does mean one thing. No planning. No time to assemble the programs, check the guest list and RSVPs, do a trial table set-up, none of it. But all is not lost! I have been on the hunt for more decor as we close in on the table decor, this weekend is the last round of second hand store shopping, for the wedding anyway!
With table decor comes my talented florist, Simply Stems. So here I will share with you my current floral dreaming.
I think we are still pinching ourselves that this is truly happening, we will be husband and wife in TWO weeks. We were both having so much fun the other night practising our wedding dance in the kitchen. Both already blushing at the thought, it will be so special.
I have learnt one hot tip to share with you all, book in long weekends in the lead up to the wedding. I don't mean the relaxing get in the car with no destination type. Instead, this weekday will allow you to easily meet with your dress maker, florist, venue, hairdresser, beautician, more op shopping! etc. Rather than do a dash every night after work between 5:00-5:30. While I have taken the week off before the wedding, some things cannot wait that late.
If you are a bride-to-be or recently married and would like to be featured on this blog, send me an email. Xx









Gorgeous florals!! It takes me back to my wedding :) May 2010. I really love the white bouquets with greenery - so classic looking. My flowers were all hydrangeas, they are my favorite and grow in abundance where I got married (North Carolina)...so the florist could go in her backyard!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting...only two more weeks!! Oh enjoy every minute of the days leading up to it... don't worry about a thing, it will be bliss :)
Thanks Emily! Congrats on your almost 2 year wedding anniversary!
DeleteHydrangeas are gorgeous too! Our florist has offered up some flowers from her garden too!
So exciting honey!! I can't wait to see your wedding pics! Every time I read your blog I get butterflies thinking about our wedding xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Rach! I love reading about your wedding too. It is so close to your hens weekend! I just finished going through photos from mine and could not.stop.laughing! Seriously, how good are weddings!
Delete