I find it humorous in perspective, as I am the 'keeper of money' in our household, that I find ways to scheme and basically rip myself off. - I.e. for our wedding, since it is in our hometown, we cannot see the justification in staying in a hotel for the night when we have our beautiful home - in this scenario I saw MAJOR opportunity to finally overhaul and re-decorate our bedroom (you know, from the savings from a hotel room). Meaning, instead of saving the mouleh, I have now exceeded the original budget. These senarios are quite frequent in our household, and how Ray (my fiance) has still allowed me to be the keeper of budgets is beyond me!
So anyway, I wanted to share my current inspirations for this bedroom overhaul...
I've put these two blue rooms in, since we have a huuuge bucket of blue paint left over from the study...
Images: 1-3 IKEA, The Design Files, Melb Girl, Examiner, They All Hate Us, bhg, elmueble, Houzz (x2)










Love the timber sleeper headboard... And I am considering doing the same on our wedding night. I can not justify staying in a hotel or B+B when we live so close to our reception. I would rather come home and be completely relaxed! I have also made the promise that the money I would have spent on a hotel to get new things for the room! At least that way it will last longer than a single night!
ReplyDeleteThese are all so beautiful and inspiring!
ReplyDeletekm-iamyou.blogspot.com
x.
Beautiful pics!! Love the natural wood in some of these bedrooms.xx
ReplyDeleteWow! I love all of these. I'm in need of a major bedroom overhaul too. I'm waiting though because we are wanting to sell our place.
ReplyDelete