I really love this time of year, for once the Christmas rush has passed and the decorations start to come down, I like to look back on the year that has been, time to reflect on the highlights (and even the not-so-highlights...). A time to check off on your goals for the year and start to prepare yourself for a new one.
I have always been a dreamer, sure I move through phases like the weather, but I always learn something new from each phase. I love setting goals, even better when you can exceed them. Often a list of goals would be busy with material items, weight loss or financial gains - sure these are important in the balance of life, but I challenge you this year to put other things on there for your own growth and wellbeing.
In 2012, I would like to make an effort to write letters to friends, go back to yoga every Monday night (best cure for mondayitis! - I even bought my fiancé a yoga mat so he can join me), use my blog to continue to share inspiration and perhaps even inspire(?!), spend at least 1 hour in the garden a week and learn how to cook 5 new things.
What goals or New Years Resolutions have you set for yourself?
Xx
Photo 1: Kate Spade coasters (picked them up in NYC), Photo 2: My 2 fav Christmas presents, teacup and new diary - just lost a whole afternoon! Photo 3: A snippet of the frames from our study area.



I like the goal about learning to cook 5 new things! I think I might steal that one! My other goals include getting to yoga once per week, achieving a HD grade at uni each semester and to spend at least one day/night per week with my fiance on non- work/wedding/house related things.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written post. I intend to take a photo-a-day, commence a higher qualification and continue with previous goals including daily walks with my son, regular yoga and doing things I want to do, even if I don't have anyone to do them with.
ReplyDeleteSounds great girls! Xx
ReplyDeleteI stumbled upon your blog and I was reading about your new year resolutions, then I was hooked by your posts about New York - I live in Italy but I am obsessed with the Big Apple, I had my honeymoon there exactly 6 months ago - and those pics were so beautiful ! Then I've been reading about your addiction to Tiffany - I have it, too ! I am also a fellow Virgo girl...well, it's just nice to get to know people like you when visiting new blogs ! Have a wonderful 2012 :) Kisses
ReplyDeleteFashion and Cookies
Follow Fashion and Cookies with Bloglovin
Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
My Twitter