Choosing the right ring...

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

How do you know which ring will best represent your love?

I was with Ray for 6 years before he asked me to marry him, even after this amount of time, he was still nervous and unsure about what ring to buy. We had never gone to jewellery shopping together,  I mean sure I had gazed into many sparkly windows, you know where your pupils change to the shape of diamonds, and dreamed of them all!  Struggling to find confidence in many jewellers he began to wonder if intact they had been a used car salesperson in a previous life.

It is easy to run to the next big sale and pick up a bargain ring, but what guarantee do you have that jeweller will be there in 20 years or more to continue to provide a service to you and the investment you have made? What quality has been put into the making of the ring? Is the diamond set in properly, is the platinum or gold of high quality and weight? Is the diamond sourced ethically? These are the questions running through your mind.

An easy choice for us was to make our investment with Tiffany & Co, with full satisfaction in the quality and after purchase care we would receive. No matter where our life takes us I can always head into any store worldwide and have the ring cleaned for free, it is guaranteed for life and I feel like I have the most beautiful ring, it represents us perfectly (classically & simply beautiful, genuine and almost flawless). It could be a no brainer for any girl to want the biggest and most sparkly ring out there, but it must represent your love for one another,  the ring your fiancĂ© gives to you is a gesture of his love and commitment.

My advice to those who are unsure, go and try on different styles, eventually one will stick and when you find yourself day dreaming about it, that's the one! It took me 4 different visits to the jeweller to choose my wedding band. My other piece of advice is don't get hung up on all the intricate details of clarity and colour, choose a benchmark or point you don't want to go beyond and work from there, then I would look at what size it will enable you to buy for your budget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Liked this post? Why not leave a comment! I LOVE reading each and every one.. Xx

MB Captured - Behind the Business All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger